Spring pics - almost 2!

Spring pics - almost 2!

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Week 32

Well the time finally came - I had an appointment on Tuesday, April 28 with my OB. He checked my cervix and I was at a 2 and he said he could feel a foot!! He sent me straight to the hospital.
They got me checked in hooked me up to an IV for hydration, IV antibiotics, and another round of the steroid shot.


The first hour I was here I had 5 contractions or so and the nurse called the OB on call.
He had them give me a shot of turbuline. My Dr. called in an hour later and had them switch me to an oral pill called procardia which is a high blood pressure pill that has a side effect of stopping contractions.

I thought for sure I would be released (sounds like I am in jail - ha!) on Wednesday on 6pm after my second steroid shot so imagine my surprise when they decided to have me stay another night.

The on call today Dr. Turner stopped in and checked on me. She also was not comfortable with the number of contractions that I am having and said I need to stay another night. We had a discussion about children I have at home and she thinks it would be best for me to stay here since a 3 1/2 year old doesn't understand mommy being on bed rest!

Dr. Dornbier and my peri are both supposed to check in on me tomorrow. They will let me know what they think about me going home then. I also have a growth ultrasound on the babies so hopefully that will give them more information to work with.

I really want to make it to May 22 so if I have to bake the babies in here I will do that!!

I've had tons of support with people calling me and stopping by to help me burn the hours.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment