Spring pics - almost 2!

Spring pics - almost 2!

Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday, May 1 - Hospital Day # 4

Dr. Dornbier, my OB, stopped in bright and early this morning. It was 7:30 am and I was just getting in the shower when I heard him talking in the hallway. He checked my cervix and said it had thickened which is a good thing. He was happy with the way the medicine was keeping the contractions under control.

He gave me two choices 1) stay here where he can keep a close eye on the babies or 2) go home on strict bed rest and continue to see him twice a week.

His recommendation was for me to stay here because he could keep a closer eye on the babies. The fact that all three were breech the last we knew and there is a foot down there could end up with an emergency C-section. We don't want that. He did mention we could do some of the monitoring from home but I found out that insurance doesn't cover these services unless I am in the hospital.

Dave and I had discussed this last night and were in agreement that if Dr. D thought I should be here I would suck it up and stay for the duration. So I am here for at least this weekend possibly 21 more days depending on what happens. Dr. D wants us to make it to 34 weeks (today is 31 weeks 6 days) and I want to go at least 35 weeks. If I want to make it that far this is the best place for me.

We had the growth scans today and found the following (31 W 6 D) :

Baby A (Mason William) 32 W 1 D - 4lbs 5oz!!! Breach (his foot is the culprit)
Baby B (Katherine Ann) 31 W 1 D - 3lbs 13 oz Breach
Baby C (Audrey Grace) 29 W ) D - 2lbs 13 oz - pray for Audrey to catch up please!

I've had several people call and stop by which is really making the time fly by! Thanks so much everyone!

More updates later.

No comments:

Post a Comment