Spring pics - almost 2!

Spring pics - almost 2!

Monday, April 6, 2009

Week 27




I am a bit behind here as I have been resting a LOT!! I ended up overdoing it on Thursday 3/26. We called our neighbor Vicki to come over about 11pm and sit with Brody for an hour while we went to Mercy to ensure the contractions I was having were going to stop. Thanks Vicki! Luckily they did and we got sent home but I was told to do nothing all weekend. I followed orders.
On Tuesday, March 31 (Happy Birthday Daver) I had my regular OB appointment that included a trans-v ultrasound to check the length of my cervix. My regular Dr. was out of the office so I saw Dr. Hancock. He told me my cervix was funneling and he needed to make sure I wasn't having a bunch of contractions I didn't know about. He said "We are going to need to have you in for overnight observation." to which I responded, "Where?" What a goof ball! He told me the hospital and I started crying because I thought I was doing such a good job and the last thing on my mind was going straight from the Dr. to the hospital. That is the last time I am going to a Dr. appointment by myself! I ended up staying overnight (25 hours) and having some braxton hicks contractions but not enough to warrant my staying in the hospital. PTL! My bed is WAY more comfortable. They did give me two steroid shots 24 hours apart in case the babies do come it gives them a better chance. They also did another fetal fibernectin test that came out negative.
I am no longer working which is probably good since it was getting really hard for me to sit up for longer than an hour or so. I felt pretty bad though since my backup was on vacation and I was trying to hold out until he came back.
I got a new camera and as soon as I figure out how to download the pictures to my laptop I will upload them to the blog.
Thanks to everyone for your support during this time! I have the best family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment