Spring pics - almost 2!

Spring pics - almost 2!

Monday, May 4, 2009

Saturday, May 2 - Hospital Day # 5 32 Weeks!!




Dr. Fagerland from the OB practice stopped in on me this am at 6!!! He said it was great that I had made it to 32 weeks and that he was impressed. He left me some c-section paperwork which kind of freaked me out but he assured me it was just because it would be easier for me to fill it out now than in an emergency situation.

He wanted to know if I had spoken to any of the neonatologists - I had not. He sent one down to talk to me. Dr. Turner said he is one of a practice of 6 doctors so someone is always here on site in the event I were to have an emergency c-section someone would be here. He repeated how impressive it was for me to have made it 32 weeks. He discussed the fact that the babies will probably have an IV either in their arm or umbilical cord. He said most of what he will do for the babies is to make decisions based on risk. Whichever decision is the smallest risk to the baby is what will be done. He really couldn't tell me much more of what was going to happen than I had already read in my books.

He did say that there is a warm room off the side of the c-section room where the babies will be evaluated after delivery Unless there is an emergency the babies will be shown to me on their way to the NICU.

Mimi and Brody came by to see me and brought flowers. How sweet! We went down to the McDonalds to get something "different" to eat for dinner. It was so gross it made the hospital food seem gormet. I was POOPED after this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment