Spring pics - almost 2!

Spring pics - almost 2!

Saturday, November 28, 2009

What we are Thankful for 2009


There are so many things for us to be thankful for this year. Let me start with a few easy things. I had a mostly uneventful pregnancy; which, considering I was carrying triplets is quite a feat. I had/have a VERY supportive husband who had to take on most of the child rearing for a 3 year old until January when I was able to work half time hours. I was thrilled to once again be able to help around the house and share dinner with my family.

Dave's resolve was once again tested the last three weeks of our pregnancy when I was placed on bed rest, alone in the hospital, and Dave was home working furiously to beat his self chosen goal to finish our deck before the babies came. Our home was filled with helpful family(awesome ones - but in our home 24 hours a day none the less) and Dave pushed himself hard. He had quite a hefty goal considering everything that was going on and the 3 year old at home wondering where Mama was and hoping for his Papa's time. He also made it down to visit me in the hospital, bringing Brody, almost every day I was there.

We were very worried about Baby C - Audrey Grace (Named for my spunky Grandma who had just passed) - she was so tiny. They were not sure if she was so small because that is how God intended her to be or if there was something else amiss. I heard three possible reasons, 1) She was naturally small, 2) Her placenta did not get as much "real estate" as the other babies so she had less nourishment, 3) There was something terribly wrong and at some point they would have to take her from me in an emergency situation.

Luckily, I made it to the date I had been praying and meditating on since I found out I was expecting triplets. May 18, 2009 is the date I prayed on, visualized in my meditation, and told everyone who would listen that this would be my delivery date. Sadly my math was wrong so instead of 35 weeks I was only able to get my body to hold on for 34 1/2 weeks. You may be thinking there is not a huge difference between the two but 35 weeks was the magic number between taking your child/ren home and leaving them behind in the NICU. I am still very proud of how far we made it and the power of prayer, meditation, and the effect one has over their own bodies.

We are also very thankful for our wonderful family who has been there for us whole heartedly since the babies arrived. My mom and Auntie Rae for staying with us to survive the 3 hour feeding schedule the first several weeks. My step-father David who helped with cooking during the time I was in the hospital. Grandpa and Grandma Z who would come down from Ankeny to give some much needed rest to the others and/or bring meals. Dave's sister's family; the Walljasper clan for holding babies - it is a super big help when you come home with THREE!!

Our neighbors on 49th Street are the best neighbors anyone could ever hope for when they move into a new neighborhood. They brought us food so we didn't have to worry about cooking. They helped Dave meet his goal of finishing the deck before I came home. They signed up for days to come over and help out with the babies so that Dave could help Brody get ready for bed and the neighbor and I could take care of the babies.

Our church family has also been a life savor!! You have no idea how many diapers triplets go through. The first two days home from the hospital we only had the girls. We went through a package of preemie diapers each day!!! Our church supported us with diapers, wipes, hand sanitizer, and baby girl clothes since we did not have any sizes other than preemie. On top of all of that I am sure that the prayers sent from St. Mark, friends, family, and thier churches is what brought our babies to earth so healthy. God has truly blessed the Zuck family a million times over - yes, Father we are blessed! We have several adopted Grandma's from our church who the babies look forward to spending time with. Thank you for your time - thank you for your love and support!!

We are again in need of baby helpers - mostly on work nights between 5/5:30 and 7:30/8pm. You only need to be good at holding a bottle and rocking a baby - lots of people are good at that. Either contact us at home (our number is listed in the phone book) or if you go to our church Shannon Lee can help get you set up.

Another need we pray will be answered is for diapers. We are in need of pampers diapers size 4. We prefer this type/brand because we've never had them leak. However, we are open to anything anyone is willing to share. If you can find it in your heart to help we would really appreciate any gesture of support for our family.

Thank you and God bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment