Spring pics - almost 2!

Spring pics - almost 2!

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Here are the Zuck triplets at Grandpa and Grandma Z's house at Thanksgiving this year. Mama and Papa thought they were rocking the house and were going to be ready to leave early enough to get to Ankeny with plenty of time to feed and change the triplets out of PJ's into their fancy holiday clothes. Due to circumstances out of their control it ended up being a mad dash out of the house at the last minute. Luckily most everything was packed up the night before or sent days before with G'PA and G'MA earlier in the week when they filled in for Danie.
I know these are my babies but I do have to brag a bit and say that for once they let us eat dinner in peace. It must have been because we were eating dinner early. Who cares why but we had a lovely meal with wonderful food and happy babies playing on the floor with one another.
Even Brody's halo kept its shine the whole day.
It is with sadness that I say that no matter how much I love my new family it was a little difficult for me this year. This was kind of weird since my Grandma had been living with my mom in San Diego for the last 2 years so I can't quite explain why I missed her or my family so much this year. I mean heck the kids are half my blood and my husband and his family treat me as if I were a blood relative, too. Probably just some homesickness coming out due to the holidays or hormonal stuff left over from the pregnancy. We did have a great day and wonderful company!!

I know this picture is a little late but I keep realizing I should put Brody out here every once in a while. He got to pick his own costume for the very first time this year. It was so funny every thing he saw he wanted to be, "Mama, I want to be batman, no Spiderman, no woody, no a power ranger, no insert anything here." Finally I told him he had to pick one and be sure. He ended up with Spiderman. It was a really cool costume that made it look like he had some rad muscles. He wore it around the house for several days before Halloween. (Actually here they call it beggars night which I don't get - and they do it the day before Halloween which again I don't get!) Maybe if I grew up here I would understand why trick or treat means more than just holding your hand out for candy. Dave, having grown up here, makes the kids work for their candy. Me, I tell them, "No need for a joke here you go," and I drop the candy in their bag. I have one exception in 10 years when 3 obviously high school girls came to our house. For them I made them sing a song - in Cali that never would have flown - our cars would have been egged.

Still those girls should have been at a party not walking down our street looking for candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment